Stitt Spark Plug Company established in Ohio in 1916 as the LaFrench Power Spark Plug Company. In 1918 the company was renamed Stitt Ignition Co. in honor of the first chief engineer, Benton Stitt.
A. R. Brenholts Sr. acquired the company in 1951 and moved it to Conroe, Texas.
By 1953, Stitt was supplying it’s multiple electrode, long life spark plug to stationary gas engine manufacturers for original equipment installation. Stitt found itself in a world wide market for specialized spark plugs designed for use mostly in large stationary industrial engines fueled by natural gas.
Today, the Stitt Spark Plug Company is one of the oldest continuously active spark plug manufacturers in the world and continues to improve its product line with innovative technologies.